Successful experience in leading new construction and retrofit projects of Mission-critical Facilities, Commercial Facilities, Multifamily Residential Facilities, Upscale Residential Construction, Scientific Research Facilities, Public Facilities, and High-rise Buildings. Thorough knowledge of complex Fire/Life/Safety Systems, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and UPS systems. Proven ability to bring large, complex projects to completion on time and within budget. Clear and consistent record of adding value and profitability to major projects, successfully leading negotiations with local and state regulatory authorities, and coordinating all phases of work from site infrastructure development to project close out.
Managed complete retrofit of the Broadway & Hollywood Historical 12-story facility that had been Hollywood’s first department store. Project included complete interior demolition and redesign, including all electrical, HVAC, and electrical systems and asbestos abatement, of two buildings that were 80 and 60 years old, with 8 floors of escalators, 5 elevators, and water tanks on the roof. (George Hopkins, Senior Superintendent)
Provided support to Project Management Team, handling any and all Field, Commercial Construction, interior renovations, build-outs from site work/utilities through finishes and all other responsibilities as assigned. Duties included, but were not limited to: coordination and supervision of all trades to build project in accordance with the contract documents, assisting, scheduling and reviewing material and equipment supplied by all subcontractor as well as supervise and monitor installations. (Carlson DC, Senior Superintendent)
Carlson Design-Construction, Inc. – Irvine, CA (2010-Present)
Directed complete renovation that required demolition of entire interior, exterior structural upgrade, and new finishes for existing building. Two new data center suites of 20,000sf each and adaptation of chilled water for mechanical systems. Power for the data center provided by an existing central plant. Data center suite includes office area, common lobby, conference room, electrical and battery rooms.
· Two new cooling towers and chillers plants, 6 new water-storage tanks of 16,500gl each, 42 new liebent air-handling units, 4 new 3000kw generators, 12K switchgear, PDUs and UBS, 6MW of provisioned power, 40,000sf of 30-inch raised-floor data center space.
· Built to achieve LEED Platinum Certification.
· Design-Build completed on time and within budget.
R.N.H. Construction – Simi Valley, CA (2009)
Managed reconstruction of 2790sf single-family dwelling significantly damaged by electrical fire. Project included demolition of roof and walls on 2nd floor and demolition and replacement of all drywall, electrical, and HVAC systems, as well as addition of 250sf from first floor to roof. Worked closely with city officials, building and safety inspectors, and insurance claims adjusters and inspectors. Developed design and engineering plans for installations of doors, windows, cabinets, granite counters, stone flooring, appliances, tile roofing, stucco, landscaping, and patio redesign and additions. Designed such additions as custom BBQ and bar.
Urban Builders, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA (2007-2008)
Managed project to retrofit historically significant, 89-year-old, Roosevelt Building in downtown Los Angeles from office configuration to 222 condominiums, including 36 two-story units and 11 three-story units, and 147,000sf of retail space, as well as three two-story additional buildings.
· Added rooftop swimming pool and oversaw design and construction of structural modifications to support additional roof weight and seismic retrofit for compliance with contemporary earthquake resistance standards.
· Added fire, life, and safety systems that included two new fire pumps and water storage systems, three new elevators, and new security systems, as well as required Department of Water & Power vault.
· Oversaw construction and more than 800 hours of testing on new mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and fire/life/safety systems.
George Hopkins Construction – Los Angeles, CA (2005-2007)
Led complete retrofit of Broadway & Hollywood Historical 12-story facility that had been Hollywood’s first department store. Project included complete interior demolition and redesign, including all electrical, HVAC, and electrical systems and asbestos abatement, of two buildings that were 80 and 60 years old, with 8 floors of escalators, 5 elevators, and water tanks on the roof. Project yielded 96 condominiums of one to four stories and included a rooftop swimming pool and seismic structural retrofit.
· Added $19M to project, which had been underestimated originally at $23M, adding significantly to project’s profitability. Added a rooftop swing pool.
LSC Construction, Inc. – Orange County, CA (2004)
Oversaw construction of Westcliff Medical Laboratories, a new, 64,000sf scientific facility that included 39,000sf of lab space and 25,000sf of offices.
· Led all steel stud framing and construction, 300sf server room, a 10,000sf clean room, three molecular laboratories, and micro labs with national gas, trespa tops, epoxy sinks, six Class-2 biological safety cabinets, six chemical fume hoods with solvent base cabinets, two walk-in coolers, two walk-in freezers, and a 1400LF DI water loop serving 22 sinks in all lab areas.
D&D Commercial Construction, Inc. – Simi Valley, CA (2002-2004)
Oversaw construction of the El Paseo Semi Town Center that included site development of 35 acres, excavation of more than 63,000 cubic yards and import of 40,000 cubic yards, construction of four super pads and seven smaller pads, and construction of all site infrastructure including a 40-foot catch basin and the area’s first underground filtering system for storm drainage in the area.
· NER Infrastructure Bank of America, Critical Facilities Superintendent. Led building of the Network Equipment Room, UPS systems installation, Honeywell Monitoring System SL50, fire alarms, Halon systems, and Thermostats.
· Bank of America, Glendale. Reconfiguration of 300 cubicles, data and voice systems, eight new telecom rooms with cable racks chiller units, smoke dampers, sprinkler systems, and installation of new under-floor ground grid compliant with IEEE standards,
· Charles Schwab Phoenix Data Center Critical Facilities. A $78M, new 300,000sf data center of 25 acres. Was brought in because the project was behind schedule; completed the project on time and achieved move-in thee months ahead of schedule.
· McKibben Communications LA Uplink Facility, $3M; GET Internet POP sites, $4.4M; and Proof Bank of America Los Angeles Data Center, ATM Deposit Services, $5M..
· Moorpark College – Moorpark, CA A.A. in Business Management, 1979
· Journeyman Carpenter, 1984–1988; Journeyman Drywall Taper, 1974–1978
· California Contractors License, B-687953
· 2011, OSHA 10 Hour Certification, Forklift Certification,
· Estimator, Sales, and Purchasing agent in construction
· Suretrac 3.0, Primavera project-management software
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Primavera